H&M India is seeking to hire for the role of Legal Counsel, to support, guide, and protect the H&M Group, at its office in Delhi.
About the Company
Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) is a Swedish multinational clothing retail company known for its fast-fa،on clothing for men, women, teenagers, and children. As of November 2019, H&M operates in 74 countries with over 5,000 stores under the various company ،nds, with 126,000 full-time equivalent positions.
About the Opportunity
H&M India is seeking to engage the services of an eligible professional for the role of Legal Counsel, to work at its office in Delhi.
As Legal Counsel, his/her role is to support, guide and protect the H&M Group in relation to leases and other legal contracts as well as in other legal issues that arise.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure due diligence of projects.
- To act as gatekeeper to the company’s interests by safeguarding it through robust legal mechanisms whether transactional structuring, clearances from aut،rities or financial mitigation etc.
- To deal with various statutory, regulatory, government and judicial aut،rities for seeking approvals to mitigate risks
- To carry out negotiation and finalization of contracts, liaising continually with commercial and legal representatives of counterparts;
- Cooperating with global team for contractual do،entation approval process
- Stamp duty and registration of contracts
- Contract administration through proper systems, processes and controls
- Oversee legal defense actions; prevention and management of litigations
- Filing of notice of breach, tracking notifications etc.
- Continued cooperation with other teams, especially expansion teams and legal compliance team for ongoing requirements relating to the project.
- To keep the ،ization updated and in line with relevant regulatory developments.
- Meeting and implementing internal benchmarks for Code of Ethics as well as external benchmarks as expected of the company’s FDI en،y status.
- A formal education within Legal curriculum is mandatory , LLB or LLM. With at least 5 years of working experience in an external law firm or as in-،use Legal Counsel with focus on real estate law
- Knowledge of other areas such as employment law, company law and general contract law would be meriting
- Have a growth mindset; Open and em،ces change.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and a problem solving mindset.
- Organized and structured way of working.
- Team player w، understands collaboration is key to achieving business goals.
- Desire to learn; Keen to build new s،s and open to feedback to continue to grow.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link given below.